Friday, January 18, 2013

My Senator's Reply

Here is what I received vi email:

Dear Longbow,

Thank you for contacting me about gun violence and gun control proposal.
Mass shootings are tragically becoming too common and as a U.S. Senator, it is my responsibility to address the growing issue of violence in America's schools and public places.  In the coming weeks, I hope that our country will consider how we can help keep people - especially innocent children - safe while protecting our constitutional rights. 
Moving forward, we must find careful, balanced solutions that do both.  I have a long history of protecting the Second Amendment, and I will keep that value in mind as we consider these important issues. With input from residents of Our State, I look forward to rising to this important challenge.  Please do not hesitate to contact me again if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,
Jon  A. Judas
United States Senator

Translation,

"Yeah, I got yer letter. Yeah I hear you, but I don't really care. There is an agenda and we in the United States Senate will pursue it. Please contact me to praise me for the next unconstitutional agenda item I pursue... if you want to."

He was recently re-elected. He simply doesn't care. 

Remember, vote for the other team next time! That'll show 'em!

No comments: