Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My Congresscritter's Reply

I told him in the first sentence of my letter not to respond to me with a form letter. This is what I received.

Dear Mr. Longbow:
 
Thank you for contacting me to express your support for continuing to protect our nation’s Second Amendment rights following the unspeakable tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut. I value your point of view and appreciate the opportunity to respond.
 
As a father of four, I am deeply saddened by the tragedy in Connecticut and pray that nothing like this ever happens again. It has become increasingly clear that there is a need to be proactive in increasing access to mental health resources and helping schools strengthen their ability to protect their students. Without a doubt, our nation’s health care system is in need of common-sense reforms that put patients and their relationship with their doctor first, and mental health must be part of that equation.
 
With that said, I am committed to protecting our Second Amendment rights, and I do not believe Washington should make rash decisions on controversial firearm restriction proposals that many experts believe would be ineffective in preventing violent crimes. While I believe we need to strictly enforce current laws forbidding potentially dangerous persons from possessing a firearm, I will work to ensure that Congress protects the constitutional rights of the thousands of Residents who safely and lawfully possess or use a firearm.
 
Again, thanks for contacting me. It is my number one priority in Congress to represent the values and interests of the people of Our State, and your input is very helpful as I do. Please do not hesitate to contact me again in the future regarding this or any other federal issue important to you.
 
Sincerely,
 
Crappy S. Congresscritter
 
 
This letter is a pre-written piece of hogwash. This indicates the man's wet finger is in the air and he will blow the way the political winds direct him. Since he sent me a form letter back anyway, I must assume that he didn't read my first letter. So, I contacted him again and told him I didn't think he even looked at my letter nor the points I made, so I sent it in its entirety again.

Ok folks, I have shown you mine. Now show me yours!


No comments: