Thursday, December 10, 2015

Former ATF Agent Makes His Pitiful Argument

 image found on Google




Goon: Webster's definition.

A tip o'the hat to Gun Free Zone for pointing us to this. The Washington Post has put up this op-ed piece from a "firearms expert". What makes this guy an expert? Was he a member of the gun culture? No. Was he ever a gun dealer? No. Was he ever a gunsmith or a firearms designer? No. Was he a firearms collector or historian? No. So, what makes him an expert? Well, he had a official looking laminated I.D. and a shiny badge!  He held a job with a Federal Agency! That makes him an expert.

Remember folks, this guy is not the exception to the rule at ATF.

Remember how we keep hearing that the "vast majority" are good guys who mean well and just want to do the right thing? Remember how we are told that they are honorable men who just want to pursue hardcore criminals? If that is true, do you think the "vast majority" of those "really good guys" just don't know that the agency which employs them is run by guys who think like this?


One commenter, Calbeck, said what I was thinking.

"So you tell me: is the BATF just stupid when it comes to firearms, or are they just a pack of politically-motivated liars with a budget and bureaucracy to protect?"

I believe it is both.

Most of the comments are not particularly friendly.

Oh, and speaking of the above, It didn't occur to ATF agent John Dodson to openly oppose Fast and Furious until after Brian Terry, a fellow federal agent, was killed. 

His money quote:

 "I'm boots on the ground in Phoenix, telling you we've been doing it every day since I've been here," he said. "Here I am. Tell me I didn't do the things that I did. Tell me you didn't order me to do the things I did. Tell me it didn't happen. Now you have a name on it. You have a face to put with it. Here I am. Someone now, tell me it didn't happen."

Look here for more.

No comments: